Friday, February 25, 2011

New York Times Magazine


Last  month I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph Eugene Jarecki the director of an HBO documentary "Reagan" for The New York Times Magazine. 

I got a call from the NYT photo editor who told me they needed to pull a shoot together the next day (nothing like a last minute shoot).

He was able to book us a conference room at a swank hotel up in Deer Valley where we could shoot. We had 45 minutes to set up a 9 foot back drop and 7 lights, and 10 minutes to photograph Eugene. Just as we dialed in the last light, Eugene and his crew walked in.

We all had so much fun shooting and creating new poses. Eugene and his publicists had nothing but nice things to say about how things went and how great the photos turned out. 

Funny note; while we were shooting, Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) came in and chatted us up. 

Thanks to my assistant Nathan Biddle for helping this go so smooth.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are all amazing! And what great opportunities coming your way! I had to go through all of them to get the jist of your project and I was NOT disappointed. I probably couldn't afford you, but, if you need any old retired lady subject matter, get hold of me. Hee hee! Very incredible work here! Sincerely. Carol

    ReplyDelete